Friday, December 28, 2018

Lumpy's Diner of Pittsburg CA


Look at that thick gooey Hollandaise sauce!  Most places I've visited don't make the sauce this thick.



Lumpy's is located on Harbor Street in Pittsburg.  If you're on the California Delta Highway, take the Harbor Street exit and head west toward the harbor.  Lumpy's will be on the right.  It opens for breakfast at 7 a.m.


Biscuits & Sausage Gravy:


Twice cooked biscuits: first baked and then grilled.  These biscuits are covered with a sausage cream gravy.  Ummm good.





Full Breakfast:


Eggs your way with either hashbrowns or country potatoes.  Lumpy's has an array of meats to choose from: sausage paddy, sausage links, hot links, bacon, jalapeno bacon, ham, and I'm sure I'm missing something.  I chose hot links and they gave me four humongous links!  On the side you see an order of jalapeno bacon as an extra.  Next to it are the grilled biscuits.  Why get toast?



Kitchen Sink Benedict:


All those meats that were mentioned in the previous post are in this Benedict.  See the country potatoes.  Yes that's bell pepper and onions in them.



The Waffle:


My grandson, Oran, ordered this.  If it would have been me, I would have ordered the caramel pecan waffle.  CaRaMel and not CarmMel.  PahCahn and not PeeCan.





Kitchen Sink Scramble:


Kitchen sink scramble has all of the meats in Lumpy's world with country potatoes and scrambled eggs.  I had them add the cream gravy.  See: more biscuits.



Corned Beef Hash & Eggs:


My daughter Michelle ordered this dish and that's why the toast.  The corned beef hash is on the right side under the eggs and toast.  The hashbrowns, the other side.  Hash and eggs make a great dish.



Traditional Benedict:


You know the routine: ham, poached eggs, English muffin, but with Lumpy's awesome Hollandaise sauce.



Their Coffee:


I always show the coffee when I like it.  Thick and smooth.  And look at the size of that mug.  The wait staff is really good about keeping it full.



Locations in California: Pittsburg & Antioch











No comments:

Post a Comment