Thursday, February 23, 2017

Cafe Deluxe of Washington DC


Left to my own in a strange place, I can be counted on for finding a good restaurant for breakfast.  And that I did in Washington, DC, near Dupont Circle.  Cafe Deluxe has a nice mix of fancy and just regular dishes for that first meal of the day.


There are several locations in Virginia and DC.  This one is about two blocks off Dupont Circle.  Google to find it rather than relying on me for directions in DC.



Croque Madame:



One of my favorites.  Here it is:  Thick Texas toast and Black Forest ham covered with melted gruyere cheese and a pan fried egg. This dish is served with great breakfast potatoes. 




Crab Cake & Fried Green Tomatoes Benedict:


Here's how it works: first lay a slice of fried green tomato in a bed of roasted corn and tomato relish, next comes the lump crab cake, then a poached egg, and all of that covered with Old Bay hollandaise sauce.  All of that times two with breakfast potatoes on the side.  Note that I'm ignoring the fruit cup.



Spinach & Feta Omelet:


My daughter, Michelle, ordered this one with a side of bacon.  I tasted it and it was wonderful.  They also have a ham and gruyere omelet.  That one is on my bucket list.



Biscuits and Sausage Gravy:


Biscuits and sausage gravy is always a favorite of mine.  Look at that artery-sticking gravy.  Yum!  Of course, I had to get sausage paddy with it.




The Burger!


This was my first meal here.  An $8 burger in DC is a deal, and it was a great burger.



The Porter BurgerAngus Beef, Provolone, Porter Mayo, Porter Braised Onions, Sautéed Cremini Mushrooms, Bacon, Onion Poppy Seed Bun.  It doesn't get any better than that.



Bucket List: The Milkshakes



No comments:

Post a Comment